The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from Diploma Holders only for admission under the Government Sponsorship Scheme (not exceeding 5% of the intake capacity) to the University Degree Programmes in the document attached, for the 2023/2024 Academic year.
Each applicant should possess at least a Credit or Second Class or equivalent Diploma in a relevant field from a recognised Institution plus a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 Passes (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least One Principal Pass and Two Subsidiary Passes obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent).
A non-refundable application fee of Shs.50,000/ = (Fifty thousand shillings only) plus the Bank Charge using a Payment Reference Number (PRN) generated from Academic Management Information System (ACMIS) should be paid to any bank used by Uganda Revenue Authority(URA) before submitting a system generated application form to the Admissions Office, Room 315 Level 3, in the Senate Building, Makerere University.
Certified copies of Diploma Transcripts (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions must be attached to the application forms. Incomplete application forms shall not be processed. Details of the Diplomas required for each programme can be viewed on Undergraduate Admissions Notice Board on Level 3, Senate Building, Makerere University and the University website (Click here).
NB: Candidates will be responsible for verification of their academic documents from the awarding Institutions after admission.
Each applicant should also attach a copy of the Birth Certificate to the application form.
The closing date for returning the system generated application forms to the University is Tuesday 28th February 2023.
Candidates are warned against submitting forged academic documents as this will lead to automatic cancellation of admission, revocation of award where applicable and prosecution in the Courts of Law.
(i) Candidates whose Ordinary and Advanced level results are of Grades “Y”, ” Z” “7” and “9” need not apply because they are not eligible for admission. and:
(ii) Candidates who possess 3rd Class or Pass Diplomas need not apply.
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES (CHS)
- MAM Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- BDS Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- PHA Bachelor of Pharmacy
- BMR Bachelor of Science in Medical Radiography
- BEH Bachelor of Environmental Health Science
- BBI Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- BYT Bachelor of Cytotechnology
- NUR Bachelor of Nursing Science
- BSL Bachelor of Science in Speech and Language Therapy
- BPT Bachelor of Optometry
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES (CAES)
- AGR Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- FST Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
- AGE Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering
- AGM Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
- BAR Bachelor of Agricultural and Rural Innovation
- HUN Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition
- BOF Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- BTH Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- BBP Bachelor of Science in Bio-Processing Engineering
- BWE Bachelor of Science in Water and Irrigation Engineering
- BGS Bachelor of Geographical Sciences
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING DESIGN ART AND TECHNOLOGY (CEDAT)
- ARC Bachelor of Architecture
- LSG Bachelor of Science in Land Surveying and Geomatics
- ELE Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- CIV Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- MEC Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering
- SQS Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying
- SLE Bachelor of Science in Land Economics
- BFA Bachelor of Fine Art
- BID Bachelor of Industrial Art and Applied Design
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (COBAMS)
- STA Bachelor of Statistics
- ECO Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- COE Bachelor of Commerce
- ADM Bachelor of Business Administration
- BQE Bachelor of Science Quantitative Economics
- BPS Bachelor of Science in Population Studies
COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES (CHUSS)
- MUS Bachelor of Arts in Music
- BDF Bachelor of Arts in Drama and Film
- SOW Bachelor of Social Work
COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCES (CONAS)
- SCP Bachelor of Science (Physical)
- SCB Bachelor of Science (Biological)
- SEC Bachelor of Science (Economics)
- BIC Bachelor of Science in Industrial Chemistry
- BFS Bachelor of Science in Fisheries and Aquaculture
- BSP Bachelor of Sports Science
- BCB Bachelor of Science in Conservation Biology
- BPG Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Geo-science and Production
- BBT Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
COLLEGE OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION SCIENCES (COCIS)
- CSC Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- BSW Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- IST Bachelor of Information Systems and Technology
- LIS Bachelor of Library and Information Science
COLLEGE OF VETERINARY MEDICINE, ANIMAL RESOURCES & BIOSECURITY (COVAB)
- VET Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
- MLT Bachelor of Biomedical Laboratory Technology
- BAP Bachelor of Animal Production Technology and Management
SCHOOL OF LAW (SOL)
- LAW Bachelor of Laws
NB: All applicants for Bachelor of Laws must have sat and passed the Pre-entry examinations set by Makerere University. The advertisement for Bachelor of Laws Pre entry examinations will come out in March, 2023.
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL (MUBS)
- COM Bachelor of Commerce
- BBD Bachelor of Business Administration
- BIB Bachelor of International Business
- BLH Bachelor of Leisure and Hospitality Management
- BES Bachelor of Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
- BBC Bachelor of Business Computing
- BIM Bachelor of Office and Information Management
- PSM Bachelor of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
1. HOW TO APPLY
Application will be online using the ACMIS System. Generate a pay reference number using the ACMIS System. Applicants will have to submit original certified copies of their Diploma transcripts and certificates and a passport size photograph to Office 315 Level 3, Senate Building after payment of application fees.
2. MAKERERE UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USERGUIDE
1. Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL http://apply.mak.ac.ug
2. Signup using full name, e-mail and Mobile Number. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents
3. A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
4. The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
5. To fill a form (all form sections must be filled) the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme.
6. Obtain a payment reference number (PRN) after submitting the application form
7. Make a payment at any of the Banks used by Uganda Revenue Authority URA.
8. Print the filled form and attach certified copies of your academic documents.
(i) Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
(ii) Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
(iii) The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.
Other details about the advert can be accessed by following this link.
DATE: 9th January 2023
Mak Participates in New Vision Education Expo 2023
Makerere University is participating in the New Vision Education Expo 2023 to strengthen its niche as the leading provider of education services.
The three-day New Vision Expo (Friday 27th January 2023 to Sunday 29th January 2023) at the Uganda Institute of Information and Communications Technology (UICT) Nakawa brings on board players in the education and business fields to forge partnerships to improve the quality and outcomes of education in Uganda.
Makerere University seeks to maximally utilize the three days to ensure that the participants at the Education Expo gain a deeper understanding of its 100 year journey of providing excellent services to humanity through academic programmes, services offered and ongoing efforts aimed at producing employable graduates as well as entrepreneurs.
The Vice Chancellor, Prof. Barnabas Nawangwe highlights that Makerere University values stakeholder engagements and partnerships. “The New Vision Expo 2023 presents Makerere University with an opportunity to enhance stakeholder engagements. It is about consolidating the relationships with schools, prospective students and parents, and partners in the education sector. I applaud the CEO of Vision Group-Mr. Don Wanyama for coming up with the Education Expo.”
To respond to the information needs of stakeholders, Makerere University has lined up a team of experienced staff from the Department of the Academic Registrar, the Admissions Office, Public Relations Office, Career Guidance experts as well as the Institute of Open Distance and e-Learning (IODeL) under the College of Education and External Studies (CEES).
According to the Principal PRO of Makerere University Ms. Ritah Namisango, the Education Expo provides a platform to reach out to the clients that Makerere University exists to serve. “You must be in touch with your prospective parents, students as well as schools and partners that continue to recommend you as the leading university in the region. Makerere University has celebrated 100 years of excellent service to humanity (1922-2022). So, as we continue to promote the academic programmes, innovations and services that we offer, we are ready to listen, interact and learn from respective stakeholders about what they expect from the University as we embark on the next 100 years.”
The New Vision Expo 2023 is happening at an opportune (holiday) time, which accords the students, parents and guardians quality time to visit the exhibition and interact with experts in the education sector.
In addition, Makerere University has recently advertised its academic programmes and it is preparing to receive students for the Academic year 2023/2024. Sharing her experience about the interaction with participants who visited the Makerere University exhibition space, Ms Joyce Muhanguzi, Senior Assistant Registrar in the Department of the Academic Registrar noted that most of the prospective students and parents wanted to know about the academic programmes, the subject combinations that students should study to qualify to apply for the respective academic programmes, and the available admission avenues i.e. government sponsorship, private sponsorship, diploma entry, direct entry, national merit, talented sports entry and district quota programme).
Ms Joyce Muhanguzi and Mr. Dennis Kibuuka’s interaction focused on students who expressed their desire to join Makerere University in the coming years, and needed a case by case approach to their information needs, career guidance and linkages to Professors and Administrative staff in the respective Colleges at Makerere University.
The prospective students and parents also disclosed that in addition to the information on the Makerere University website, they welcome interactive and friendly approaches such as the New Vision Education Expo where they are presented with a golden opportunity to interact with Makerere University officials face-to-face.
At the New Vision Education Expo 2023, Makerere University joins other exhibitors that include; Government agencies, NGOs, Telecom companies, Banks, Insurance companies, Kindergartens/Daycare Centres, Primary and Secondary schools, Ugandan and Kenyan Universities, International schools, Study Abroad Agencies, Vocational institutions, Scholastic materials suppliers and SME service providers.
73rd Graduation Highlights
The 73rd Graduation Ceremony of Makerere University will be held from Monday 13th to Friday 17th February 2023 following the schedule below:
Monday, 13th February, 2023
College of Health Sciences (CHS)
College of Natural Sciences (CoNAS)
School of Law (SoL)
Tuesday, 14th February, 2023
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES)
College of Education and External Studies (CEES)
Wednesday, 15th February, 2023
College of Business and Management Sciences (CoBAMS)
College of Computing and Information Sciences (CoCIS)
College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Bio-security (CoVAB)
Thursday, 16th February, 2023
Makerere University Business School (MUBS)
Friday, 17th February, 2023
College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology (CEDAT)
College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHUSS)
HEST Graduate Programme: Internship Placement Advert
The program aims to improve graduates’ skills by placing them into selected partner industries for skills gain, facilitating the process and supervising placed interns. Graduates will be placed in their areas of study accordingly.
The phased recruitment and placement will start from 1st December 2022 for a period of three months. Recent university graduates and those awaiting graduation should apply for this opportunity.
Makerere University and Kyambogo University
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
- Bachelor of Science in Land Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying
- Bachelor of Science in Land Surveying and Geomatics
- Bachelor of Visual Communication Design
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
Makerere University Business School
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Statistics
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Real Estate Business Mgt.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- .Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Bachelor of Human Resource Mgt.
- Bachelor of Leadership and Governance
- Bachelor of Procurement and Supply Chain Mgt.
- Bachelor of Transport & Logistics Mgt.
- Bachelor of International Business
- Bachelor of Catering and Hotel Mgt.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Mgt.
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Mgt.
- Bachelor of Business Computing
- Bachelor of Office and Information Mgt.
They should not be employed anywhere and should have gone through the traditional internship placement required by their respective universities.
How Students join
Interested university graduates shall submit an online application and contact the designated university contact or focal persons. Successful applicants will be required to complete the three (3) months internship pgoram uninterrupted to fully benefit from the program. Apply here: https://bit.ly/HEST2022
How companies participate
A company interested in hosting interns under the program can fill out an internship acceptance form and forward it to the internship placement officer.
Contacts of University focal persons
Makerere University (Mak)
Dr. Christine Amito
Makerere University Business School (MUBS)
Ms. Christine Nantambi
Kyambogo University (KYU)
Ms. Nandugwa Harriet
Contacts of IEED Project Team
Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Ms. Mary Kaakyo,
IEED Project Coordinator
Makerere University School of Statistics and Planning (MakSSP)
Ms. Afazali Zabibu,
HEST Study Coordinator
General2 weeks ago
HEST Graduate Programme: Internship Placement Advert
Health1 week ago
From Working as a Houseboy to Being the Best in School: Ssembuusi’s Story of Overcoming Hardships & Achieving Success
Research2 weeks ago
17 Postdoctoral Research Teams Mentored as SECA Project Winds up
Education1 week ago
Scholarships for the MSc in Digital Education
General4 days ago
Mak Participates in New Vision Education Expo 2023