- 24 Feb 2017 - 3:08pm
Applications for admission to Graduate Programmes 2017/2018
- 8 Feb 2017 - 5:31pm
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications for admission to Graduate Programmes (Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctoral degree Programmes) for the 2017/2018 Academic Year. Applicants should have obtained at least a first degree (or its equivalent) from a recognized and chartered university/institution at the time of completion. Applicants should also possess a Ugandan Certificate of
Education with at least five passes (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least two principal passes and one subsidiary pass obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent).
All Graduate Programmes are PRIVATELY-SPONSORED. Therefore applicants seeking sponsorship should have their applications endorsed by their respective sponsors where applicable. Applicants should note that the various fees payable to the University indicated for the various programmes EXCLUDE functional fees, accommodation, books, research and other expenses.
PHD. DEGREES BY RESEARCH ONLY:
All colleges offer PhD degrees by Research. Applicants for PhD by research should have a Master’s degree in a field relevant to their area of further studies. Applicants will be required to submit their applications any time in Room 410, Level 4 with a synopsis. For further information, please visit our website http://rgt.mak.ac.ug check on applying.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
Postgraduate Diplomas - One Academic Year
Masters degrees (full time) - Two Academic Years
Masters degrees (part time) - Three – Four Academic Years
Masters of Medicine - Three Academic Years
Master of Public Health (Day) - Three Academic Years
Master of Public Health (Distance) - Three to Five Academic Years
PhD (Provisional Admission) - One Academic Year (Maximum)
PhD (Full Admission) - Three Academic Years
PhD/MD/LLD (full time) - Three Academic Years
PhD/MD/LLD (part time) - Five Academic Y ears.
1. Hard copies of application forms are obtainable from the Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, 3rd Floor, Senate Building, Room 307 after payment of an application fee of Ug. shs 50,000/= (Ugandan applicants) and Ug. Shs. 151,500 (International Applicants) to any Stanbic Bank Branch and DFCU Bank, Centenary Bank or Post Bank using Makerere University paying-in-bank slips. International applicants can also pay by bank draft as cheques will not be honoured.
2. Required forms can be downloaded from the links below:
Payments can be made to Makerere University Revenue Collection Accounts and Bank Swift Codes are as follows:
NO BANK ACCOUNT TITLE ACCOUNT NO SWIFT ADDRESSES
1 STANBIC BANK MUC-FEES COLLECTION CASH 9030005866749 SBICUGKXXXX
2 DFCU BANK MUC- FEES COLLECTION 01083500181477 DFCUUGKAXXX
3 CENTENARY BANK MUC FEES COLLECTION 3740300001 CERBUGKAXXX
4 POSTBANK UGANDA LTD MUC FEES COLLECTION 1630037000063 UGPBUGKA
3. Completed application forms should be emailed to drgt[@]rgt.mak.ac.ug or returned to the Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Room 307. All forms must be accompanied by the following
a. Relevant supporting certified copies of certificates, and academic transcripts,
b. Letters from 3 referees.
c. 2passport photos.
Please strictly observe the closing date of Friday 31st March, 2017.
4. All Applicants for Master of Laws (LLM) will do a Graduate Admission Test (GAT) consisting of an oral Interview and written test. The fee is Ug. Shs. 100,000/= (One hundred thousand shillings) payable to the School Accountant. The GAT will be held on 17th June, 2017
5. All Applicants for Master of Business Administration (College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School) will do a GMAT test on dates to be communicated by College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School respectively. The fee for the MUBS GMAT Admission test is 50,000/=.
6. In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants for Master of Public Infrastructure Management (MPIM) must have “Proven professional experience of at least 2 years at managerial/supervisory level or policy-decision making position in a government, parastatal organ, international organisation or non-governmental organisation” Applicants should attach a 2- page short CV and referee recommendations.
7. Programmes that Senate recommended for restructuring will be advertised at a later date
8. For detailed information about the Programmes’ admission requirements, content and regulations can be obtained from the University Website or contact the Principals/College Registrars of the respective Colleges and Schools.
Alfred Masikye Namoah
Liked it? Share it..
Most Popular Articles
Just in (Most Recent Articles)
- 24 Feb 2017 - 3:08pm
- 21 Feb 2017 - 5:49pm
- 15 Feb 2017 - 2:59pm
- Research News
- 10 Feb 2017 - 1:04pm