The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from Diploma Holders only for admission under the Government Sponsorship Scheme (not exceeding 5% of the intake capacity) to the University Degree Programmes for the 2021/2022 Academic year listed below.
Each applicant should possess at least a Credit or Second Class or equivalent Diploma in a relevant field from a recognised Institution plus a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 Passes (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least One Principal Pass and Two Subsidiary Passes obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent) .
A non refundable application fee of Shs.50,000/= (Fifty thousand shillings only) plus the Bank Charge using a Zee pay reference number should be paid to any bank used by URA before submitting a system generated application form to the Admissions Office, Room 315 Level 3, in the Senate Building, Makerere University.
Certified copies of Diploma Transcripts (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions must be attached to the application forms. Incomplete application forms shall not be processed. Details of the Diplomas required for each programme can be viewed on Undergraduate Admissions Notice Board on Level 3, Senate Building, Makerere University and the University website – www.mak.ac.ug
NB: Candidates will be responsible for verification of their academic documents from the awarding Institutions after admission.
Each applicant should also attach a copy of the Birth Certificate to the application form.
The closing date for returning the system generated application forms to the University is Friday 31st May 2021.
Candidates are warned against submitting forged academic documents as this will lead to automatic cancellation of admission, revocation of award where applicable and prosecution in the Courts of Law.
Note that: (i) Candidates whose Ordinary and Advanced level results are of Grades “Y”, “ Z” “7” and “9” need not apply because they are not eligible for admission, and;
(ii) Candidates who possess 3rd Class or Pass Diplomas need not apply.
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES (CHS)
MAM Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
BDS Bachelor of Dental Surgery
PHA Bachelor of Pharmacy
BMR Bachelor of Science in Medical Radiography
BEH Bachelor of Environmental Health Science
BSB Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
BBI Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
BYT Bachelor of Cytotechnology
NUR Bachelor of Nursing Science
BSL Bachelor of Science in Speech and Language Therapy
BPT Bachelor of Optometry
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES (CAES)
AGR Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
FST Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
AGE Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering
AGM Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
BAR Bachelor of Agricultural and Rural Innovation
HUN Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition
BOF Bachelor of Science in Forestry
BTH Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Hospitality Management
BBP Bachelor of Science in Bio-Processing Engineering
BWE Bachelor of Science in Water and Irrigation Engineering
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, DESIGN, ART AND TECHNOLOGY (CEDAT)
ARC Bachelor of Architecture
LSG Bachelor of Science in Land Surveying and Geomatics
ELE Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
CIV Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
MEC Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering
SQS Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying
SLE Bachelor of Science in Land Economics
FIN Bachelor of Industrial and Fine Arts
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (COBAMS)
STA Bachelor of Statistics
ECO Bachelor of Arts in Economics
COE Bachelor of Commerce
ADM Bachelor of Business Administration
COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES (CHUSS)
MUS Bachelor of Arts in Music
BDF Bachelor of Arts in Drama and Film
SOW Bachelor of Social Work
COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCES (CONAS)
SCP Bachelor of Science (Physical)
SCB Bachelor of Science (Biological)
SEC Bachelor of Science (Economics)
BIC Bachelor of Science in Industrial Chemistry
BFS Bachelor of Science in Fisheries and Aquaculture
BSP Bachelor of Sports Science
BCB Bachelor of Science in Conservation Biology
BPG Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Geo-science and Production
BBT Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
COLLEGE OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION SCIENCES (COCIS)
CSC Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
BSW Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
IST Bachelor of Information Systems and Technology
COLLEGE OF VETERINARY MEDICINE, ANIMAL RESOURCES & BIOSECURITY (COVAB)
VET Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
MLT Bachelor of Biomedical Laboratory Technology
BAP Bachelor of Animal Production Technology and Management
SCHOOL OF LAW (SOL)
LAW Bachelor of Laws
NB: All applicants for Bachelor of Laws will be required to sit and pass the Pre-entry examinations set by Makerere University. The advert for Pre-Entry exams will come out in July 2021.
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL (MUBS)
COM Bachelor of Commerce
BBD Bachelor of Business Administration
BIB Bachelor of International Business
BLH Bachelor of Leisure and Hospitality Management
BES Bachelor of Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
BBC Bachelor of Business Computing
BIM Bachelor of Office and Information Management
PSM Bachelor of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Further details including requirements for each course can be accessed from the documents below:
1. MAKERERE UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USER GUIDE
- Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL https://admissions.mak.ac.ug
- Signup using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 611 with an affidavit and gazette supporting the name change.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill a form, the applicant clicks on the “APPLY NOW” button displayed on the running scheme.
- Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
- Make a payment of a mandatory and non-refundable application fees of Ugx.50,000= (fifty thousand shillings only) at any of the Banks used by Uganda Revenue Authority (URA).
- Print the filled form (system generated) and attach certified copies of your Diploma transcripts, certificates, a passport size photograph and bank slips and submit to Office 315 level 3 Senate Building after payment of application fees.
- The application is only complete after paying a the application fees.
- Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
- Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
- The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.
Veteran Professor changed Makerere and Higher Education
When Professor John Ssebuwufu ambled up to receive a certificate of recognition for his ‘exceptional’ contribution to higher education from the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) at Makerere University (MU), he was thinking of many things, such as rewarding staff, that he could have done differently to impact university education more.
But he did what he could have done, under the circumstances.
He presided over MU (in 1993) when student enrolment was 5,000 and left in 2004 when the population was surging to more than 15,000.
He emphasised the use of information communication technologies in almost all the institutions he had been involved in and sent many academic staff on exchanges to boost research and innovation. Now, more African universities engage in ground-breaking research.
So, he proceeded to accept his recognition and make his acceptance speech, which was mostly about gratitude.
Ssebuwufu, 74, who is currently the chancellor at Kyambogo University and the vice-chancellor of the University of Kisubi, is credited for his exemplary leadership and pragmatic methods that have shaped higher education in Uganda and Africa as a whole.
WHS Regional Meeting Africa 2021: Finance Chairperson’s Update
SOPs: Our plan is to have 200 sets of people in different spacious rooms…Prof. Tonny j. oyana, finance chairperson whs regional meeting africa
We are sincerely grateful to our sponsors…
Over 15 core sponsors…
Sessions: 60% Virtual, 40% Onsite…
HERS-EA Fourth Leadership Academy
The Higher Education Resource Services-East Africa (HERS-EA) provides an intensive residential one-week leadership and management development curriculum focused on women, mainly in higher education institutions and administration.
In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, HERS-EA Fourth Academy will be a totally virtual one. As such, the Academy previously scheduled to take place between June 28th – July 3rd has been postponed by one week to July 5th-9th.
Theme: “Positioning Women for Leadership in Higher Education”
A. Institutional Development
1. Managing and Leading Change
2. Reframing Organizations for effective work
3. Developing Effective Partnerships in Higher Education for Women and gender focused advancement
B. Personal Development
4. Career Mapping/building dossier/personal development
5. Professional Women’s economic empowerment through Enterprise development and management for profit maximization
6. Research and Publishing; Leadership and Fundraising for projects including research and publication.
7. The Power of Mentoring; Networking
Who Should Attend?
HERS-EA expects many diverse and dynamic women leaders to attend the ACADEMY, to share and learn from multiple institutional perspectives with guidance from women with a wealth of experience in higher education, national academic organizations, government and non- governmental organizations. Participants are expected hold mid to senior-level positions and bring expertise from all parts of a college or university. They also represent a range of national groups, ages and years of experience in higher education and other fields.
Applying to the ACADEMY:
The deadline for registration has also been extended to June 30th. For more information regarding registration, please visit the website: www.hersea.org Completed registration forms should be emailed, with a scanned payment slip to: email@example.com, by 5.00 p.m. on Wednesday 30th June.
A complete application includes:
b) A self-descriptive letter (not > 500 words) to include:
- Current Title (e.g. Associate Professor of Economics; Deputy Dean, e. t. c.)
- Name and Contact Information for 2 Recommenders (e.g. Vice Chancellor, Head of Department, Chief Officer in your area, and/or direct supervisor)
- Short- and long-term career goals
- Your expectations for the HERS-EA ACADEMY.
c) Passport size photograph
d) A developmental project you have been assigned or you would like to initiate at your campus (maximum 500 words)
e) Registration fee of $100, please attach a copy of the deposit slip to your application (Bank A/C details below):
If you have any further questions, please email:
info[at]hersea.org or call the HERS-EA Administrator on: +256 (0)772082011 Please,also, visit the HERS-EA website for further updates: www.hersea.org.
Payment Bank Account Details:
Account Name: Higher Education Resource Service East Africa
HERS-EA US $ ACCOUNT
Name of Bank: DFCU Bank
Makerere University Branch
A/C No: 02083553153181
Swift Code: DFCUUGKA
HERS-EA UGX ACCOUNT
Name of Bank: DFCU Bank
Makerere University Branch
A/C No: 01083553153172
VC's Diary2 weeks ago
University Closure Guidelines in Compliance With Presidential Directive on COVID-19
General2 weeks ago
4th Call For Applications: MURBS Departmental Ambassadors
Health2 weeks ago
Psychological Services for Community Members While Home
General3 days ago
HERS-EA Fourth Leadership Academy