The College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology (CEDAT) through the School of Built Environment, Department of Architecture and Physical Planning is going to conduct Executive Certificate of Training Courses in Public Private Partnerships – PPP.
This was revealed by the Course Team Leader Arch. Kenneth Ssemwogerere, PhD, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Architecture & Physical planning, he is also a Certified Public-Private Partnership Specialist, IP3, USA
The first training was successfully completed the course in December 2019. This initiative will help to address many goals such as eliminating extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity by enhancing the reach and quality of the delivery of basic infrastructure services
The target persons are the middle level managers in Government MDAs who are charged with carrying out the detailed preparation of documents for Government projects particularly in Public Private Partnerships (PPPs). The other group will be bundle trainings where various Organizations running PPP projects (ongoing) shall be discussed with the option of having their Project officers and teams taken on a crash program for all the critical aspects of PPPs so that to increase their knowledge base in PPPs.
The training is going to start from May 2022 to April 2023. The short course includes: Certificate in PPP Principles & Regulatory Frameworks, Certificate in PPP Inception procedures, Certificate in Feasibility studies of PPPs, Certificate in PPP Procurement, Certificate in PPP Project Finance, Certificate in PPP Agreements Management, and a Study Trip to CANADA for All students
|Course details||Confirmed Dates|
|1. Certificate in PPP Principles & Regulatory Frameworks.||2 – 13 May, 2022|
|2. Certificate in PPP Inception procedures.||27 June – 8 July 2022|
|3. Certificate in Feasibility studies of PPPs||22 Aug – 2 Sept 2022|
|4. Certificate in PPP Procurement||26 Sept – 7th Oct 2022|
|5. Certificate in PPP Project Finance||7 Nov – 18 Nov. 2022|
|6. Certificate in PPP Agreements Management||5 Dec – 16 Dec. 2022|
|7. Study Trip to CANADA for All students||23 March – 2 Apr 2023|
The certificate courses will be taught by persons who have been part of the development of some of the PPPs in the country. The facilitators below have been contacted and have confirmed their willingness to be part of this critical intervention to make sure that Ugandans are fully trained to obtain the best from the PPPs
The facilitators carefully selected to match the demands of the various certificate courses as they will be unveiled. They are a mix of government officials specialized in PPPs as well as persons with hands-on experience in practical running of PPPs projects both in Uganda and internationally
- Eng. Dr. Frank B. Sebbowa, a Certified PPP Specialist, former Executive Director, Uganda Investment Authority who also served as a Member of the Government of Uganda Public private Partnership Committee at its inception
- Dr. Charles Ndandiko, a Certified PPP Specialist who has handled PPP projects as a Consultant on PPPs in several countries in Africa and rest of the world
- Mr. Kenneth S. Legesi, a Chartered Financial Analyst and head of the Deloitte Uganda team that handles all their business as consultants on PPP projects. He was at the helm of Corporate Finance of the Infrastructure Advisory services of Deloitte, Kampala office for a long time.
- Mr. Bernard Oundo, one of the few Lawyers in PPPs in Kampala. He was part of the team that crafted the PPP Act as well as the regulations. He now consults with the World Bank. He has been a local representative for Hired International consultants in PPPs.
- Dr. Kenneth Ssemwogerere, a certified PPP Specialist, Lecturer in the department of Architect (Author of the program) at the School of the Built Environment, College of Engineering Design Art & Technology, CEDAT Makerere University. He is a member of the PPP Committee representing the Academia. He is certified PPP specialist and holds PhD in Construction management.
- Dr. Fred Muhumuza, Senior Economist and Leading researcher at Makerere University. He is a former advisor to the Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic development, in the Government of Uganda.
- Eng. Muleme Patrick – The Project officer for the Kampala Jinja express way. Holds a BSc Engineering and a MSc. Works with UNRA.
Innovations using low cost locally available materials for point of use water treatment system unveiled
The College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology (CEDAT) conducted a Research Dissemination of two studies aimed at the Development of Materials for point of use water treatment systems.
The investigations were conducted by a team of researchers comprised of P. W. Olupot, H. M. Kalibbala, E. Menya, G.M. Wangi, J. Jjagwe, J. Wakatuntu, M. Turyasingura, R. Walozi, C. Kanyesigye and R. N. Kulabako.
The dissemination event held on Wednesday 29th November 2023 follows the successful completion of two MakRIF supported Research projects namely; Development of rice husk based granular activated carbon for point-of-use water treatment systems and Development of zeolite-based nanocomposite filters for drinking water treatment.
Apac District gains from CEDAT’s Research on Piloting a Rural Broadband Connectivity Model and Efficacious patient management system
The School of Engineering at the College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology (CEDAT) shared findings of research that was conducted in Apac Districts through two projects namely Piloting a Rural Broadband Connectivity Model (RCBM) and Efficacious patient management system (EPMS).
The findings of the research sponsored by the Government of Uganda through the Makerere University research and Innovation Fund(MakRIF) were disseminated during a dissemination seminar held in the College on Friday 24th November 2023, where it was revealed that Apac the host District greatly benefited from the services that not only led to the increased uptake of internet services but also gained through other socio economic areas.
Makerere University to partner with the Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST)
Makerere University is set to enter into a partnership with Egypt –Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST). The collaboration between the two universities to be formalized with the signing of a memorandum of understanding in the near future will see the two universities working together in a number of respects including staff and student exchanges, joint research and student supervision among others.
The decision comes after a visit to Makerere University by a delegation from the Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST) on Thursday 23rd November 2023, led by the First Vice President for Education and Academic Affairs Prof. Sameh Nadah. The team comprised of the Deputy Vice President for Regional and International Affairs Dr. Muntaz Abdeluahaz, Ms. Tomomi Kawazoe the Project Coordinator for JICA E-JUST project and Mr. Racan Yosef, the Section head of International Affairs.
General2 weeks ago
Dates for 74th Graduation Ceremony
General2 weeks ago
The 19th RUFORUM AGM in Yaoundé calls for consolidated efforts towards transforming higher agricultural & tertiary education to contribute to sustainable development & food security in Africa
Education2 weeks ago
Police approves new compulsory soft skills training course
Agriculture & Environment1 week ago
RUFORUM 19th AGM Urges Africa to Take the Lead on Climate Action
General2 days ago
Application Forms for Admission to Public Universities 2024/2025