The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from Ugandan, East African, S. Sudan and international applicants for the undergraduate programmes under the private sponsorship scheme for the 2020/2021 Academic year.
Each applicant should:
have the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five passes, or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level (UACE) obtained at the same sitting. (For day programmes only candidates who sat A’ level in 2019, 2018 and 2017 are eligible to apply. For Evening, Afternoon, and External programmes, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting A’level. (Detailed weighting system for programmes to be offered by Makerere University for the 2020/2021 Academic Year can be accessed below under downloads. The cut-off points for previous academic years can be found here: https://www.mak.ac.ug/admissions/cut-points
hold at least a Second Class/Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma or otherwise as specified in the Diploma Holders’ Requirements from a recognised chartered institution, relevant to the programme applied for. Certified copies of academic transcripts and Certificates(NOT COPIES OF CERTIFIED COPIES) from awarding institutions MUST be submitted to email@example.com after submitting your application online. (Details of the Diploma Holders’ admission requirements for the 2020/2021 academic year can be viewed on the notice board of the undergraduate Admissions Office or here: https://www.mak.ac.ug/application-procedures/diploma-holders
(c) be a graduate from a recognised chartered university. Certified copies of academic transcripts and Certificates(NOT COPIES OF CERTIFIED COPIES) from awarding institutions MUST be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your application online.
How to apply:
- ALL APPLICANTS shall submit applications online (https://admissions.mak.ac.ug) but Diploma/Degree holders and internationals will have to submit certified copies of their transcripts and certificates and a passport size photograph to Email: email@example.com
- Other relevant information can be obtained from UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE, LEVEL 3, SENATE BUILDING, MAKERERE UNIVERSITY or university Website https://mak.ac.ug
- A non-refundable application fee of Shs.50,000/= for Ugandans, East African and S. Sudan applicants or $75 or equivalent for internationals, UGX.281,250= plus bank charge of UGX 2,750/= should be paid through the banks.
- Candidates who hold Grades X, Y, Z, 7 AND 9 OF ‘O’ LEVEL results should not apply because they are not eligible for admission
- Diploma Holder applicants who hold class three (3) diploma certificates or pass diplomas are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the diploma holders requirements.
Makerere University Online Application Portal User Guide
- Applicants should submit applications for admission through the Institution’s Admissions URL https://admissions.mak.ac.ug
- Signup using your Full Name, E-mail and Mobile Phone Number, please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile phone number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme.
- Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on the “Pay for Form” button
- Make a payment at any Bank
MOBILE MONEY PAYMENT STEPS:
- Dail *272*6# on either Mtn or Airtel
- Select option 3-Admission
- Select option 3-Pay Fees
- Enter reference number obtained from the application portal
- Details of Application form will be confirmed
- Enter PIN to confirm payment
- Enter PIN to confirm payment
THE CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 11th September 2020. Detailed information including fees structure is contained in the attachment under downloads below.
- Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
- Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
- The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.
ALFRED MASIKYE NAMOAH
18th August 2020.
Innovations using low cost locally available materials for point of use water treatment system unveiled
The College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology (CEDAT) conducted a Research Dissemination of two studies aimed at the Development of Materials for point of use water treatment systems.
The investigations were conducted by a team of researchers comprised of P. W. Olupot, H. M. Kalibbala, E. Menya, G.M. Wangi, J. Jjagwe, J. Wakatuntu, M. Turyasingura, R. Walozi, C. Kanyesigye and R. N. Kulabako.
The dissemination event held on Wednesday 29th November 2023 follows the successful completion of two MakRIF supported Research projects namely; Development of rice husk based granular activated carbon for point-of-use water treatment systems and Development of zeolite-based nanocomposite filters for drinking water treatment.
Apac District gains from CEDAT’s Research on Piloting a Rural Broadband Connectivity Model and Efficacious patient management system
The School of Engineering at the College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology (CEDAT) shared findings of research that was conducted in Apac Districts through two projects namely Piloting a Rural Broadband Connectivity Model (RCBM) and Efficacious patient management system (EPMS).
The findings of the research sponsored by the Government of Uganda through the Makerere University research and Innovation Fund(MakRIF) were disseminated during a dissemination seminar held in the College on Friday 24th November 2023, where it was revealed that Apac the host District greatly benefited from the services that not only led to the increased uptake of internet services but also gained through other socio economic areas.
Application Forms for Admission to Public Universities 2024/2025
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University informs all Head Teachers of A ‘Level schools that application forms for admission to public universities for senior six candidates (UACE 2023) for the 2024/2025 academic year will be ready for collection from the university from Monday 4th December, 2023.
The application forms should be collected from the Office of the Academic Registrar, Senate Building, Level 3, Makerere University.
Issuing of the application forms will start on Monday, 4th December 2023 on payment of a non-refundable application fee of Uganda Shs. 52,000/=(fifty two thousand Uganda shillings only) per application form.
You are advised to get a pay reference number (PRN) using the ACMIS system (http://pay.mak.ac.ug) to enable you pay the application fees in any bank used by Uganda Revenue Authority (URA).
The forms are for Ugandans only.
Please note that only Head Teachers or their authorized representatives will be served.
The closing date for submitting the completed application forms will be Wednesday 31st January, 2024.
Prof. Buyinza Mukadasi
General2 weeks ago
Dates for 74th Graduation Ceremony
General2 weeks ago
The 19th RUFORUM AGM in Yaoundé calls for consolidated efforts towards transforming higher agricultural & tertiary education to contribute to sustainable development & food security in Africa
Education1 week ago
Police approves new compulsory soft skills training course
Agriculture & Environment1 week ago
RUFORUM 19th AGM Urges Africa to Take the Lead on Climate Action
General2 weeks ago
2nd Issue of Mak-Research & Innovations Fund Bulletin