The Academic Registrar of Makerere University invites applications for admission to Graduate Programmes (Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctoral degree Programmes) for the 2020/2021 Academic Year. Applicants should have obtained at least a first class or second class degree or its equivalent from a recognised and chartered university/institution. Applicants should also possess a Ugandan Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 Passes (or its equivalent) and a Ugandan Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least two Principle Passes and one Subsidiary Pass obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent).
All Graduate Programmes are PRIVATELY-SPONSORED. Applicants should note that the various fees payable to the University indicated for the various programmes EXCLUDE functional fees, accommodation, books, research and other expenses. Therefore applicants seeking sponsorship should have their applications endorsed by their respective sponsors where applicable.
PHD DEGREES BY RESEARCH ONLY:
All Colleges offer PhD degrees by Research. Applicants for PhD by research should have a Master’s degree in a field relevant to their area of further studies. Applicants will be required to submit their applications online any time or in Room 410, Level 4 with a synopsis.
How to apply
- Visit the Makerere University’s Admissions URL http://admissions.mak.ac.ug and generate a Payment Reference Number (PRN) by following the guide below.
- Sign up using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the appropriate scheme i.e. Postgraduate and Taught PhD or PhD Research
- Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
- Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
- Post Bank
- Centenary Bank
- DFCU Bank
- UBA Bank
- Print 2 copies of the filled biodata form and attach 2 certified copies of your academic documents, 2 copies of all other relevant academic documents, 2 passport photos and the three referees’ letters of recommendation.
- Submit in office No. 307; level 3 Senate Building Or email scanned copies of the mentioned documents to email@example.com.
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING A PAYMENT REFERENCE NUMBER FOR PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES
- Go the payment reference site: https//:payments.mak.ac.ug
- Fill in your name;
- Fill in your email;
- Fill in your telephone number – Go to the next
- Click on the option number;
- Application fee = Ugx 50,000 (East African applicants) or Ugx 151,500 (International Applicants)
- the pay reference number
- Go to the Bank and pay
- Strictly observe the closing date of Tuesday, 30th June, 2020
- All Applicants for Master of Laws (LLM) will do a Graduate Admission Test (GAT) consisting of an oral Interview and written test. The fee is Ug. Shs. 100,000/= (One hundred thousand shillings) payable to the School Accountant. The GAT will be held on Saturday 20th June, 2020
- All Applicants for Master of Business Administration (College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School) will do a GMAT test on dates to be communicated by College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School respectively.
- All Applicants for PGD (Guidance and Counselling), MA.in Counselling and MSc. in Clinical Psychology (School of Psychology, College of Humanities and Social Sciences) will do an admission interview on dates to be communicated by the School of Psychology, College of Humanities and Social Sciences. The fee is UG. Shs. 60,000/= (Sixty thousand shillings) payable to the designated account to be provided by School.
- In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants for Master of Public Infrastructure Management (MPIM) must have “Proven professional experience of at least 2 years at managerial/supervisory level or policy-decision making position in a government, parastatal organ, international organisation or non-governmental organisation” Applicants should attach a 2- page short CV and referee recommendations.
- Detailed information about the Programmes’ admission requirements, content and regulations can be obtained from the Principals/College Registrars of the respective Colleges and Schools.
- Further details of the advert including tuition fees for the advertised programmes are available in the document downloadable from the link below.
Alfred Masikye Namoah
Makerere University Launches National Parenting Draft Manual
By Agnes Namaganda
On July 22nd 2022, Makerere University–Child Health and Development Centre (Mak–CHDC) launched a draft manual for the National Parenting Standards. The Centre has been working together with the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) with funding from UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund), to develop standards that are agreeable to all organisations in the country that are involved in parenting work. The draft manual was being presented to members of a consortium that brings together all these organisations together, called the Parenting Agenda Consortium.
“We produce many documents and they are shelved,” Irene Ayot Chono, who was speaking on behalf of UNICEF said. “We hope that this document will not be one of them,” she emphasized.
Dr. Godfrey Siu, the Principal Investigator from Mak-CHDC who presented the draft manual to participants, emphasized that if any organization is doing parenting work, there should be a minimum package that they should offer.
Draft Manual Content
The manual which will have several modules. These modules will be delivered face-to-face in 1.5 hour sessions. Some of these include; Module 6 which will focus on “understanding responsible masculinity and fatherhood” and on “understanding the concept of head of family.”The draft manual also proposed that Module 11 focuses on Parenting in the 21st Century. Some of the sessions in this module will include Children and Technology, Contemporary Influence on Children and Modernity, Culture and Morality.Module 9 will focus on Parenting for Adolescents and some of the suggested sessions within this module are Needs for Adolescents and The Art of Communicating with Adolescents. Module 5 will focus on Preventing Violent Parenting and Promoting Alternative Discipline Strategies while Module 10 will be about Parenting to Address the Mental Health for Children and Adults.
After the presentation, participants raised several suggestions for discussion and consideration. These included whether there should be a module on spirituality since Uganda is a strongly religious nation. There was also the concern of how children in remand homes should be parented. Another concern raised by a participant was as to whether teachers who make an undeniable contribution to parenting, should be taken through the parenting manual.
In her closing remarks, Ms. Juliana Naumo Akoryo, the Director of Cultural Affairs at the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) said that the manual is for the parenting organisations to utilize and not for MGLSD.
Ms. Chono also adjured the team behind the manual to use picture illustrations in the manual that can be relatable by the Ugandan parents.
Contact: Agnes Namaganda – firstname.lastname@example.org
Launch of Mak-RIF Round 4 Awards & PhD Call for Proposals
Makerere University received funding from the Government of the Republic of Uganda, earmarked to support high impact Research and Innovations. This unique initiative arose after engagements between the top University Management and the Government of Uganda. This fund illustrates the increasing importance that the Government attaches to Research and Innovation as a driver of development and transformation. The objective of the fund is to increase the local generation of translatable research and scalable innovations that address key gaps required to drive Uganda’s development agenda.
In the Financial years 2019/2020, 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 the Government of the Republic of Uganda through Mak-RIF has funded implementation of over 750 multidisciplinary research and innovations within the various Colleges, while engaging multiple stakeholders within and outside Makerere University. The Grants Management Committee (GMC) has finalized the award process for the Mak-RIF round 4 call for funding for this Financial Year 2022/2023.
The Grants Management Committee (GMC) hereby invites you to the Launch of the Mak-RIF Round 4 awards and PhD Call for Proposals scheduled to take place tomorrow Thursday 29th September 2022 from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. EAT.
Please use the following details to join the launch.
Register in advance for this meeting:
Meeting ID: 884 5662 9992
Notice: Makerere Disability Scheme 2022/23 Medical Review Exercise
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites persons with disability who applied for admission to public universities under the disability entry scheme for 2022/2023 Academic Year to appear for medical/review exercise at Makerere Unive, Senate Building, Level Two (2) in the Telepresence Centre.
NOTE: Only those who have the minimum entry requirements of at least two principal passes at A’ Level or its equivalent and at least five (5) passes at O’ Level or its equivalent will be interviewed.
Only candidates who sat ‘a’ level in 2020, 2019 and 2018 are eligible for admission.
THE EXERCISE WILL BE CONDUCTED ON 3rd, 4th and 5th October, 2022 respectively from 9.00 A.M – 1.00 P.M each day.
(i) If you fail to appear on any of the given days above, there will be no other chance for you.
(ii) Applicants with Government Scholarship for the previous years are not eligible for admission
ALFRED MASIKYE NAMOAH
Acting. ACADEMIC REGISTRAR
General2 weeks ago
Government Sponsorship Admissions Lists 2022/2023
General2 weeks ago
Mak Private Sponsorship Undergraduate Admission Lists 2022/23
General1 week ago
Uganda’s policymakers implored to address forest loss, plastic & water pollution
General2 weeks ago
Mature Age Entry Scheme Admissions List 2022/2023
General2 weeks ago
Application for Mature Age Entry Admission 2023/2024