The Ministry of Health (MoH) in partnership with Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S CDC) is implementing the Public Health Fellowship Program (PHFP), an initiative to develop the next generation of public health leadership for Uganda. The goal of this program is to develop a competent workforce by learning-through-service and responding to real public health problems of Uganda.
The PHFP is offered in five tracks, namely:
- Field Epidemiology Track (FET);
- Laboratory Systems Track;
- Health Informatics Track,
- Health Economics (Prevention Effectiveness) Track, and
- Monitoring and Evaluation Track.
Number of Fellowships on offer: In 2020, the program will offer ten (10) Fellowships in the Field Epidemiology Track. The Program will start in January 2020.
Required Academic Qualifications: Successful applicants should have a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Health, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, Veterinary Public Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health, Wildlife, and any other health-related disciplines
How to Apply: Please visit www.uphfp.org and create an account, log in and apply no later than Friday, July 19, 2019.
For more information: Please contact:
Steven N Kabwama,
HEST Graduate Programme: Internship Placement Advert
The program aims to improve graduates’ skills by placing them into selected partner industries for skills gain, facilitating the process and supervising placed interns. Graduates will be placed in their areas of study accordingly.
The phased recruitment and placement will start from 1st December 2022 for a period of three months. Recent university graduates and those awaiting graduation should apply for this opportunity.
Makerere University and Kyambogo University
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
- Bachelor of Science in Land Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying
- Bachelor of Science in Land Surveying and Geomatics
- Bachelor of Visual Communication Design
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
Makerere University Business School
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Statistics
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Real Estate Business Mgt.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- .Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Bachelor of Human Resource Mgt.
- Bachelor of Leadership and Governance
- Bachelor of Procurement and Supply Chain Mgt.
- Bachelor of Transport & Logistics Mgt.
- Bachelor of International Business
- Bachelor of Catering and Hotel Mgt.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Mgt.
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Mgt.
- Bachelor of Business Computing
- Bachelor of Office and Information Mgt.
They should not be employed anywhere and should have gone through the traditional internship placement required by their respective universities.
How Students join
Interested university graduates shall submit an online application and contact the designated university contact or focal persons. Successful applicants will be required to complete the three (3) months internship pgoram uninterrupted to fully benefit from the program. Apply here: https://bit.ly/HEST2022
How companies participate
A company interested in hosting interns under the program can fill out an internship acceptance form and forward it to the internship placement officer.
Contacts of University focal persons
Makerere University (Mak)
Dr. Christine Amito
Makerere University Business School (MUBS)
Ms. Christine Nantambi
Kyambogo University (KYU)
Ms. Nandugwa Harriet
Contacts of IEED Project Team
Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Ms. Mary Kaakyo,
IEED Project Coordinator
Makerere University School of Statistics and Planning (MakSSP)
Ms. Afazali Zabibu,
HEST Study Coordinator
Advert: Admissions for Diploma/Degree Holders under Private Sponsorship 2023/24
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from Ugandan, East African and international applicants for the undergraduate under the private sponsorship scheme for the 2023/2024 Academic Year.
Each applicant should:
Hold at least a Second Class/Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma or otherwise as specified in the Diploma Holders’ requirements from a recognised chartered institution, relevant to the programme applied for. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding institutions and one passport size photograph must be submitted to Office 315 level three (3) Senate Building after applying online. Details of the Diploma holders’ admission requirements for the 2021/2022 academic year can be found here: https://www.mak.ac.ug/application-procedures/diploma-holders
Be a Graduate from a RECOGNISED CHARTERED UNIVERSITY. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to Office 315, Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online.
N.B. Applicants will be responsible for verification of their academic documents from the awarding Institutions after admission.
Other relevant information can be obtained from UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE, LEVEL 3, SENATE BUILDING OR CAN BE found on the University Website.
Diploma Holder applicants who hold class three (3) diploma certificates or pass Diplomas are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the Diploma Holders requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications shall be submitted online using the ACMIS system for all applicants. Diploma/degree holders and internationals will have to submit certified copies of their transcripts and certificates and a passport size photograph to Office 315, Level 3, Senate Building after submitting the application online and payment of application fees.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION CAN BE OBTAINED FROM UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE, LEVEL 3, SENATE BUILDING, MAKERERE UNIVERSITY WITH EFFECT FROM MONDAY 9th JANUARY, 2023.
A NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE OF SHS.50,000/= FOR UGANDAN AND EAST AFRICAN APPLICANTS OR $75 OR EQUIVALENT FOR INTERNATIONALS, (UGX.281,250=) PLUS BANK CHARGE SHOULD BE PAID IN ANY OF THE BANKS USED BY UGANDA REVENUE AUTHORITY (URA)
CANDIDATES WHO HOLD GRADES X, Y, Z, 7 AND 9 OF ‘O’LEVEL RESULTS SHOULD NOT APPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION.
ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USER GUIDE
Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL https://apply.mak.ac.ug
Signup using full name, e-mail and Mobile Number. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 611 with a deed poll and gazette supporting the name change.
A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
To fill a form (all form sections must be filled)the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme.
Obtain a pay reference nunber(PRN) after submitting the application.
Make a payment at any of the banks used by Uganda Revenue Authority.
MOBILE MONEY PAYMENT STEPS:
1 Dial *272*6\\ on Mtn or Airtel
2 Select option 3-Admission
3 Select option 3 Pay Fees
4 Enter reference number obtained from Application portal
5 Details of Application form will be confirmed
6 Enter PIN to confirm payment
The closing date for applying will be Tuesday 28th February, 2023
Further details including course codes, tuition fees for the available courses can be found in the document below:
(i) Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission as this will lead to automatic cancellation of admission, revocation of award where applicable and prosecution in the courts of Law.
(ii) Applicants are advised to use the right names and right programme codes. The University will not be responsible for any wrong information entered in the system by applicants.
(iii) Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
(iv) The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agent to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.PROF. BUYINZA MUKADASI
DATE: 9th JANUARY, 2023
Applications for admission to Bachelor of Education External (BED) 2023/24
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications for admission to a three-year BACHELOR OF EDUCATION EXTERNAL (BED) degree programme for the 2023/24 Academic Year.
- Each applicant should hold at least a credit or second class diploma in education from a recognised institution, plus UCE with at least 5 passes or its equivalent and UACE with at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes of the relevant principal subjects or its equivalent. Candidates whose “O” and “A” level results are of grades “Y”, “Z”, “7” AND “9” should not apply because they are not eligible for admission, and candidates who hold 3RD CLASS OR PASS DIPLOMAS need not apply.
- A certified copy of diploma academic transcript from the awarding institution must be attached to the application form. Each applicant should also attach a copy of her/his birth certificate to the application form.
NB: Candidates will be responsible for verification of their academic documents from the awarding institutions after admission.
- Candidates are warned against submitting forged academic documents as this will lead to automatic cancellation of admission, revocation of award where applicable and prosecution in the courts of law.
The fees payable by Ugandan applicants which are subject to review are as follows:
Tuition Fees – Shs.699,603/= Per Semester
Registration Fee – Shs.132,250/= Per Year
Examination Fee – Shs.132,250/= Per Year
Development Fee – Shs.163,329/= Per Year
Field Attachment Fee – Shs.132,250/= Per Semester For Year One Only
Technology Fee – Shs. 66,125/= Per Year
Research Fee – Shs. 26,450/= Per Year
Library Fees – Shs. 26,450/= Per Year
University Identity Card – Shs.45,000/=
Academic Gown – Shs.21,160/=
Medical Fee – Shs.57,500/= Per Year
Caution – Shs.2,645/=
Guild Fee – Shs.13,225/= Per Year
Senior Common Room Fee – Shs.6,613/= Per Year
Sports Contribution – Shs.19,838/= Per Year
Endowment Fee – Shs.13,225/= Per Year
National Council For Higher Education Fee – Shs. 20,000/= Per Year (Payable to NCHE)
UNSA Subscription Fee – Shs. 2,000/= Per Year (Payable to UNSA)
Available subject combinations for the Bachelor of Education (External) degree programme, for the 2023/2024 Academic Year and other details can be accessed by following this link.
A non-refundable application fee of Shs.50,000/= plus the bank charges using a Payment Reference Number should be paid to any bank before submitting the system generated Application Form to the ADMISSION OFFICE (ROOM NO. 315), LEVEL 3, Academic Registrar’s Department in the Senate Building, Makerere University, from where additional information may be obtained.
The closing date for submission of applications is Tuesday 28th February, 2023.
1. HOW TO APPLY
Application will be submitted online using the ACMIS System after obtaining a payment reference number but you will have to submit certified copies of your Diploma transcripts and
certificates and a passport size photograph to office 310, level 3 Senate Building
after payment of application fees.
2. MAKERERE UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USER GUIDE
- Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL https://apply.mak.ac.ug
- Sign up using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be
similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be
considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office
301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily
- To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running
- Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
- Make a payment at any of bank used by URA
- Print the filled form and attach certified copies of your academic documents.
(i) Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
(ii) Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
(iii) The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.
Prof. Buyinza Mukadasi
9th January 2023
General1 week ago
HEST Graduate Programme: Internship Placement Advert
Business & Management1 week ago
Prof. Bbaale hands over Deanship to Prof. Okumu
Research1 week ago
17 Postdoctoral Research Teams Mentored as SECA Project Winds up
Health2 days ago
From Working as a Houseboy to Being the Best in School: Ssembuusi’s Story of Overcoming Hardships & Achieving Success
Health1 week ago
METS Newsletter December 2022