The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications for the Bachelor of Arts in Social Development degree programme for Day and Evening tenable at Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development (Mpigi) for the 2018/2019Academic year. Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development is affiliated to
Each applicant should either:
- Have a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with a minimum of 5 Passes, or its equivalent and at least two Principal Passes at A’Level (UACE) obtained at the same sitting. (For the Day Programme only candidates who sat A’Level in 2017, 2016 and 2015 are eligible to apply). For the Evening programme, candidates are not restricted on the year of sitting A’Level.
- Hold at least a Second Class/Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma from a recognized Institution. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to Office 315 Level three (3) Senate Building OR Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development (Mpigi), P.O. Box 149, Mpigi, Tel. No.0772623502/ 0706741519/ 0772469091/ 0701309003 after applying online.
- Be a graduate from a recognized chartered University. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to office 315, Level three (3) Senate Building or Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development (Mpigi), P.O. Box 149, Mpigi, Tel. No.0772623502/ 0706741519/ 0772469091/ 0701309003 after applying online.
(i) Candidates whose Ordinary and Advanced level results are of Grades “Y”, “ Z”, “7”, “9” and those with less than 5 Passes at O’Level need not apply because they are not eligible for admission, and;
(ii)Candidates who hold 3rd Class or Pass Diplomas need not apply.
- The programme will be offered during the Day and Evening. SOD and SOE are the programme Codes for Day and Evening respectively.
- Tuition fees – Shs.700,000/= Per Semester
- Functional fees (payable in Semester I) – Shs.495,000/= Per Annum
- National Council for Higher Education fees – Shs.20,000/= Per Annum
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATON PORTAL USER GUIDE
- Applicants should access the institution's admissions URL http://admissions.mak.ac.ug
- Signup using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme.
- Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
- Make a payment of a non refundable application fees of Shs.50,000/= or $75 for International plus Bank charges at any of the following Banks:
- Stanbic Bank
- Post Bank
- Centenary Bank
- dfcu Bank
The closing date for applying will be Friday 29th June, 2018.
- Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people's academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered are very grave indeed.
- Do not use any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar's Office. Those who buy and use them do so at their own risk.
- The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fees stated above.
- The University has made arrangements to assist applicants who may need help to be able to apply online at Senate Building and Senior Common Room (Main Building). Be aware of Conmen and Women.
4th Call For Applications: MURBS Departmental Ambassadors
In February 2018, the Makerere University Retirement Benefits Scheme (MURBS) launched the Departmental Ambassadors Programme. MURBS hopes to use this Ambassadors Programme to engage more directly with its membership and enhance member education. MURBS further perceives this Programme as a means to mitigate succession planning risks.
MURBS Fund Value continues to grow, and as at 31st March 2021, it stood at Ushs 235.5bn as compared to Ushs 209.6bn as at 30th June 2020. Given this growth, there is increased need for prospective Trustees, who are well equipped with relevant knowledge and skills, and with practical exposure to the management and governance of MURBS.
- Must be employed by the University on permanent terms
- Must be an Active Member of the Scheme (currently contributing to the Scheme) and appear on the Official Register of the MURBS Active Membership as at 30th April 2021.
- Must be willing to commit time to trainings and other ambassadorial activities organised by the Scheme.
Mode of training for 4th Cohort of Ambassadors
Training for this (4th) Cohort of Ambassadors is envisaged to be conducted over the zoom online platform only, due to Covid-19 restrictions. The Scheme does not envisage any face-to-face interactions.
Tenure of Office & Termination or Withdrawal
There is no tenure of office for the Departmental Ambassador. As long as a member is willing to continue serving as an Ambassador, and the Ambassador continues to satisfy the eligibility criteria above, she or he will remain a MURBS Ambassador.
How to Apply
Interested members should complete the MURBS Departmental Ambassador Application Form 01-0218. The completed Form together with the requested attachments should be sent to info[at]murbs.mak.ac.ug and copy to wilber.naigambi[at]mak.ac.ug no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, 14th June 2021. We discourage hand delivery of applications.
MURBS shall acknowledge receipt of each application received within 12 hours and will respond to the applicants to confirm the status of their application in writing (by e-mail). Upon approval of the application, the name of the approved Ambassador together with the Department and School/Unit will be updated on the list of the MURBS Departmental Ambassadors in the Group 4 category and published on the MURBS website.
NOTE: There is no limit as to the number of ambassadors that MURBS can have in a department.
Please see Downloads for the detailed call and application form.
Chair Council Communication on Closure of Makerere University
7th June 2021
All Members of Staff
All Students and Stakeholders
RE: CLOSURE OF MAKERERE UNIVERSITY
Following the address to the Nation by H.E. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, President of Uganda, on 6th June 2021, this is to inform you that the University will be closed with effect from today 7th June 2021 for 42days.
During the closure, the University shall observe a 30% physical presence of staff while other faculty and administrative staff shall continue to work online.
Management will inform staff and students on the implementation of teaching, learning, and research activities online. Construction activities shall continue as per the President’s directives and with strict adherence to the COVID-19 SOPs.
Lorna Magara (Mrs.)
Chairperson, Makerere University Council
RUFORUM: Transforming Higher Education Videos and Links
Video Series developed by Julieta Mazzola, EARTH University.
- What is Community Engagement? Video 1 of 3. https://youtu.be/etv2-W1U3O0
- Different Forms of University Engagement with the Community. Video 2 of 3. https://youtu.be/73h2p8P0BLw
- Student learning through Community Engagement. Video 3 of 3. https://youtu.be/Ule3P1-tjC4
Health1 week ago
Call for Applications: MAK-ImS PhD, Masters, Non-Degree Fellowship Scholarships
General2 weeks ago
Mak Digitizes over 10,000 Land Records Dating from 1830 to 1995
Natural Sciences2 weeks ago
Scholarship Opportunity: African Water Resources Mobility Network
VC's Diary5 days ago
University Closure Guidelines in Compliance With Presidential Directive on COVID-19