The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications for the undergraduate programmes under the private sponsorship scheme for the 2018/2019 Academic Year.
The details are as follows:
Each applicant should:
Have the Uganda Certificate of Education with at least (five passes), or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level obtained at the same sitting. For day programmes, only candidates who sat "A" Level in 2017, 2016 and 2015 are eligible to apply. For Evening, Afternoon, and External programmes, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting "A" Level.
Hold at least a Second Class or Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma from a recognised institution, relevant to the programmes applied for. ( Details of the Diploma Admission requirements can be viewed on the notice boards of the Undergraduate Admissions Office or by following the link: https://www.mak.ac.ug/application-procedures/diploma-holders . Certified copies of academic transcripts and Certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to Office 315 Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online.
Be a Graduate from a recognised university. Certified copies of academic transcripts (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to Office 315, Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online.
Non-refundable application fee of UG Shs.50,000/= for Ugandans, East African and S. Sudan applicants or UG Shs.172,500/= for International applicants plus Bank charge of UG Shs.2,750/=should be paid from the following banks using Makerere University Paying-in-slips:
(A) Any STANBIC BANK BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 9030005866749
(B) DFCU BANK MAKERERE BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 01083500181477
(C) CENTENARY BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 3740300001
(D) Any POST BANK BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 1630037000063
Candidates who hold grades X, Y, Z, 7 and 9 of 'O' Level results should not apply because they are Not eligible for admission.
Diploma holder applicants who hold class three (3) Diploma Certificates are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the diploma holders requirements.
Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people's academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
For further enquiries, please contact the Academic Registrar's Office through the addresses at the link below:
- Applicants should access the Institution's Admissions URL http://admissions.mak.ac.ug
- Signup using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme..
- Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on "Pay for Form" button (Take note of the Application Number generated by the system, it is required by the Bank to effect payment)
- Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
- Stanbic Bank
- Post Bank
- Centenary Bank
- DFCU Bank
4th Call For Applications: MURBS Departmental Ambassadors
- Must be employed by the University on permanent terms
Mode of training for 4th Cohort of Ambassadors
Tenure of Office & Termination or Withdrawal
How to Apply
NOTE: There is no limit as to the number of ambassadors that MURBS can have in a department.
Please see Downloads for the detailed call and application form.
Chair Council Communication on Closure of Makerere University
7th June 2021
All Members of Staff
All Students and Stakeholders
RE: CLOSURE OF MAKERERE UNIVERSITY
Lorna Magara (Mrs.)
Chairperson, Makerere University Council
RUFORUM: Transforming Higher Education Videos and Links
Video Series developed by Julieta Mazzola, EARTH University.
- What is Community Engagement? Video 1 of 3. https://youtu.be/etv2-W1U3O0
- Student learning through Community Engagement. Video 3 of 3. https://youtu.be/Ule3P1-tjC4
Health1 week ago
Call for Applications: MAK-ImS PhD, Masters, Non-Degree Fellowship Scholarships
General2 weeks ago
Mak Digitizes over 10,000 Land Records Dating from 1830 to 1995
Natural Sciences2 weeks ago
Scholarship Opportunity: African Water Resources Mobility Network
VC's Diary5 days ago
University Closure Guidelines in Compliance With Presidential Directive on COVID-19