The African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU) have agreed to launch the ACP Innovation Fund, a substantial effort to boost and optimize science, technology and innovation.
The ACP Innovation Fund is a key component of the new "ACP-EU Programme to strengthen Research and Innovation capacity in ACP countries (link is external)". The new programme is to improve the capacity of research and innovation stakeholders, policy development and knowledge transfer. The ultimate goal of the programme is to have a structuring effect on the innovation-ecosystems and capabilities of ACP countries.
Through this programme, the ACP and the EU will make available a budget of €50,000,000 to advance solutions to the following challenges:
- Digital literacy, knowledge and use of emerging technologies;
- Effective links between research and innovation skills development and labour market demand;
- Synergies in the Research and Innovation (R&I) ecosystem in particular with the private sector; facilitating conditions for technology transfer; promoting R&I uptake;
- Promoting local and indigenous knowledge and its use in combination with formal knowledge systems and practices.
For questions regarding the ACP Innovation Fund, please contact Dr. John Kakule at kakule[at]acp.int
Veteran Professor changed Makerere and Higher Education
But he did what he could have done, under the circumstances.
So, he proceeded to accept his recognition and make his acceptance speech, which was mostly about gratitude.
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2021/2022
About the JADS program
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Applicant completes required documents and sends them to the university.
- University evaluates and selects applicants.
- University sends selected candidates to the AfDB.
- AfDB reviews submissions from universities, prepares and approves the final list.
- AfDB contacts selected awardees, and informs the universities.
WHS Regional Meeting Africa 2021: Finance Chairperson’s Update
SOPs: Our plan is to have 200 sets of people in different spacious rooms…Prof. Tonny j. oyana, finance chairperson whs regional meeting africa
We are sincerely grateful to our sponsors…
Over 15 core sponsors…
Sessions: 60% Virtual, 40% Onsite…