Makerere University received a grant from the Carnegie Corporation of New York aimed at Supporting Early-Career Academics at Makerere University (SECA). This two-year grant will focus on enhancing the research capacity of Makerere University staff by providing research fellowships to 15 early-career academics, tenable at Makerere University, awarded on a competitive basis, to begin by 2020.
The Directorate of Research and Graduate Training invites applications from eligible Makerere University staff.
The aims of the fellowship program are: first, to identify and support future research leaders across all disciplines, and second, to create a pool of new doctoral supervisors.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. At least 50 percent of the fellowships will be awarded to female applicants.
- Full-time employees of Makerere University on permanent or contractual terms
- PhD holder in any discipline
- Rank of Assistant Lecturer or Lecturer within 10 years of receiving PhD degree.
- Minimum of two peer-reviewed and recognised scholarly publications already published or accepted for publication.
- Applicants should not hold another on-going fellowship or major research grant (as PI) at the same time.
Please see Downloads for details
- Detailed information about the application and the application form for the fellowship can be obtained from the DRGT website https://rgt.mak.ac.ug/
- The application form should be submitted in Microsoft Word in Arial font, size 11, single-spaced. Applicants should save their file using the following format: lastname_firstname_SECA2019.doc
- Applicants must ensure that scanned copies of any attached documents are legible
- Referees should email the reference letter directly to the Director DRGT at director[at]rgt.mak.ac.ug with a copy to: conference[at]rgt.mak.ac.ug
- Electronic submission of application for fellowship with supporting documents should be sent to the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Makerere University; Email: director[at]rgt.mak.ac.ug Copy to: conference[at]rgt.mak.ac.ug
- Hard copies should be addressed to the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Makerere University P.O. BOX 7062 Kampala, Senate Building Level 4, Room 410.
Incomplete applications and all applications that do not meet eligibility and formatting requirements (including page limits) will not be considered. For your application to be considered, it must reach the Director, DRGT by 5:00pm on 31st January, 2020.
For further information, contact:
Directorate of Research and Graduate Training,
Senate Building, Room 410
Request for Expression of Interest: CTCA Information Management System
The Centre for Tobacco Control in Africa (CTCA) was established in July 2011 by the World Health Organization, with funding from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). The current and third phase of funding BMGF is through the Africa Capacity Building Foundation, to build and sustain the Institutional Capacity of African governments in tobacco control. CTCA, in its 2019-2025 strategic plan, envisions a tobacco free Africa. The mission of the Centre is to enhance African governments’ capacity to formulate and implement Tobacco Control programs through partnerships and cooperation.
CTCA seeks to recruit a reputable firm to develop a comprehensive information management system that will facilitate decision-making, coordination performance management, and financial management. The system will ensure that all departmental systems are intergrated through tracking and reporting on resource utilization, financial management, activity progress and provide summarised feedback to users on resources used, outputs, outcomes, and impact achieved in line with CTCA annual workplan. The objectives of this assignment include;
- Introduce a reliable and efficient information management system
- Ensure a securely protected system that offers collaboration means between CTCA, its employees and partners
- Generation of data repositories for CTCA activities
- Offer authentic up-to-date and consistent information
- The Specific duties are in two categories and these include: Monitoring & Evaluation and Financial Management
How to apply
Interested and suitably qualified firms may express interest in the assignment by:
Submitting a motivation letter of not more than 1,000 words and clearly marked as “Expression of interest to develop the CTCA Information management system” in soft copies at the address below not later than 17:00 hours EAT on the 23 March 2021.
Applications should be sent to Email: eoi[at]ctc-africa.org
Communication to Students regarding fees payment for Sem I 2020/21
To All Students
Please take note of the following important dates you should look out for:
- All Loan Scheme (HESFB) and State House sponsored students should enroll within the first two weeks to enable the Finance Department to invoice their sponsors.
- All Government sponsored students must enroll immediately on AIMS system and submit their personal bank accounts to their Hall Wardens to enable processing of food and living out allowances. Only enrolled students will be paid. You are therefore advised to enroll as soon as possible.
- The fees policy requires that a continuing student should pay at least Ugx. 200,000 to help the University run and this is expected to be paid by 19th March 2021, beyond which a surcharge of Ugx. 20,000 shall be levied.
- All students MUST generate payment Reference Numbers (PRN) to be able to make payments. Students have to log into their portal using this link https://student.mak.ac.ug/ as directed from their admission letters, enroll and generate the PRNs. It is the PRN which you present to the bank to effect your payments.
- The deadline for free registration is 9th April 2021, (end of 6th week) beyond which, UGX. 50,000 will be levied.
- The deadline for the FULL fees payment is 7th May 2021, (end of 10th week) beyond which, a surcharge of 5% on the outstanding balance will be levied.
For Freshers 2020/2021
This is to remind you that the deadline for change of Programmes/Subjects for 2020/2021 Academic year will be Friday 5th March, 2021. There will be no further extension of the exercise. Applicants can only change after receiving a letter of authorization from the Academic Registrar.
However, note the following;
Bachelor of Journalism and Communication is full. Thus no applicants for change to this programme will be considered for 2020/2021 Academic year.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery has 7 slots for Direct Entrants (‘A Level) available for change of programme for Private Sponsorship for 2020/2021 Academic year.
Further details regarding this communication can be found in the documents attached below:
Request for Expression of Interest: AFROHUN Communication and Visibility Plan
Africa One Health University Network (AFROHUN) is an international network of public health, veterinary medicine, pathobiology, environmental sciences, medicine and global health institutions of higher education. AFROHUN is located in 18 universities in 9 countries in Africa.
Formerly One Health Central and Eastern Africa (OHCEA), AFROHUN is working to transform the training environment and approaches in universities, in a bid to develop a workforce without disciplinary barriers. Enabling students to understand and appreciate the contribution of disciplines outside their own; in predicting, detecting and responding to the kind of complex health challenges we are witnessing today. This is the next generation workforce that we need in the face of increasing outbreaks of epidemics, pandemics and complex health challenges.
Considering the strategic role that AFROHUN plays in One Health workforce development, it is important that it is visible, well-understood and highly regarded. It is important for AFROHUN to document, package and share her story and impact trail. Visibility, understanding and high regard are critical for maintaining stakeholders’ confidence in the network’s work in order to harness, sustain and enhance the multiple stakeholders’ interest.
Towards this end, AFROHUN is planning to engage an experienced communications consultant to develop a multi-faceted Communications and Visibility Strategy. The strategy will provide a broad framework that will guide communications and visibility in AFROHUN and will identify the issues that need to be addressed to build awareness, improve knowledge, build mutual understanding with key stakeholders and generate support for the network’s initiatives. The strategy will provide guidance on how to capture, package and share the network’s story, document and share lessons learned and best practices as well as the impact of building a one health workforce, to the management of disease outbreaks and health emergences. The strategy will also play a critical role in driving the network’s business plan.
AFROHUN therefore, invites proposals from eligible, qualified and experienced individuals and firms for provision of consultancy services to develop an institutional Communications and Visibility Strategy.
Terms of Reference for the Development of the AFROHUN Communications and Visibility Strategy
The Terms of Reference for the development of the Communications and Visibility Strategy shall include but not limited to;
- Communication review, including an analysis of the current perception and positioning of the network and its initiatives among key constituencies and stakeholders. Review of communications and visibility documents as necessary.
- Analysis and mapping of stakeholders and target audiences, to inform prioritization processes.
- Undertake primary and secondary research to assess the network’s external and internal communications strategies/activities and determine gaps.
- Facilitate processes to ensure stakeholder participation in the strategy development.
- Developing a 5-year Communications and Visibility Strategy, including detailed objectives and priorities, and implementation plan, based on AFROHUN’s strategic activities and programs.
- Recommend tools for monitoring and evaluation of the Communications and Visibility Strategy.
A complete expression of interest package should be emailed to:
mnattimba[at]afrohun.org and copied to secretariat[at]afrohun.org
Deadline for submission: 1700hrs, 19th March 2021.
Computing & IS1 week ago
DeepMind supports the establishment of Master’s scholarships to study AI at Makerere University
General1 week ago
Communication to Students regarding fees payment for Sem I 2020/21
General1 week ago
Admission Lists with Subject Combinations 2020/2021
Agriculture & Environment1 week ago
CAES Freshers Trained on ODEL Method of Teaching and Learning