Johannesburg, South Africa – December 9th, 2019 – Seedstars World, the largest seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes, has come to its peak during the latest edition Seedstars Summit Africa in South Africa, on December 3rd to 5th. Seedstars , the leading emerging market startup community and investor, selected Roque Online (Angola), Crop2Cash (Nigeria), Exuus (Rwanda), Pezesha (Kenya), OKO Finance (Mali), Nadji.bi Gambia (The Gambia), Nvoicia (Ghana), Vectra (South Africa), Afrikamart (Senegal), Teheca (Uganda), amongst the most promising startups from continent. In addition, a wildcard was given to Txapita from Mozambique to participate in the global summit as well. They will represent the African region at the Seedstars Summit 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland and compete for the title of the Seedstars Global Winner, and up to USD 500,000 in equity investment and other prizes.
The other startups invited to pitch were Track Your Build (Sierra Leone), Yetu Pic (DRC), Sheria Kiganjani (Tanzania), Apptorney (Zambia), Digital Renter (Cameroon), Ocliya (Malawi), Eco Warriors (Mauritius, Lifiled (Côte d’Ivoire), GlocalTravel.io (Zimbabwe), Mohiri (Botswana), Passafree (Cape Verde), Macquarie Medical Care (Namibia), WhyToyz (South Africa).
Please click here to access full press release
Communication to Students regarding fees payment for Sem I 2020/21
To All Students
Please take note of the following important dates you should look out for:
- All Loan Scheme (HESFB) and State House sponsored students should enroll within the first two weeks to enable the Finance Department to invoice their sponsors.
- All Government sponsored students must enroll immediately on AIMS system and submit their personal bank accounts to their Hall Wardens to enable processing of food and living out allowances. Only enrolled students will be paid. You are therefore advised to enroll as soon as possible.
- The fees policy requires that a continuing student should pay at least Ugx. 200,000 to help the University run and this is expected to be paid by 19th March 2021, beyond which a surcharge of Ugx. 20,000 shall be levied.
- All students MUST generate payment Reference Numbers (PRN) to be able to make payments. Students have to log into their portal using this link https://student.mak.ac.ug/ as directed from their admission letters, enroll and generate the PRNs. It is the PRN which you present to the bank to effect your payments.
- The deadline for free registration is 9th April 2021, (end of 6th week) beyond which, UGX. 50,000 will be levied.
- The deadline for the FULL fees payment is 7th May 2021, (end of 10th week) beyond which, a surcharge of 5% on the outstanding balance will be levied.
For Freshers 2020/2021
This is to remind you that the deadline for change of Programmes/Subjects for 2020/2021 Academic year will be Friday 5th March, 2021. There will be no further extension of the exercise. Applicants can only change after receiving a letter of authorization from the Academic Registrar.
However, note the following;
Bachelor of Journalism and Communication is full. Thus no applicants for change to this programme will be considered for 2020/2021 Academic year.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery has 7 slots for Direct Entrants (‘A Level) available for change of programme for Private Sponsorship for 2020/2021 Academic year.
Further details regarding this communication can be found in the documents attached below:
Request for Expression of Interest: AFROHUN Communication and Visibility Plan
Africa One Health University Network (AFROHUN) is an international network of public health, veterinary medicine, pathobiology, environmental sciences, medicine and global health institutions of higher education. AFROHUN is located in 18 universities in 9 countries in Africa.
Formerly One Health Central and Eastern Africa (OHCEA), AFROHUN is working to transform the training environment and approaches in universities, in a bid to develop a workforce without disciplinary barriers. Enabling students to understand and appreciate the contribution of disciplines outside their own; in predicting, detecting and responding to the kind of complex health challenges we are witnessing today. This is the next generation workforce that we need in the face of increasing outbreaks of epidemics, pandemics and complex health challenges.
Considering the strategic role that AFROHUN plays in One Health workforce development, it is important that it is visible, well-understood and highly regarded. It is important for AFROHUN to document, package and share her story and impact trail. Visibility, understanding and high regard are critical for maintaining stakeholders’ confidence in the network’s work in order to harness, sustain and enhance the multiple stakeholders’ interest.
Towards this end, AFROHUN is planning to engage an experienced communications consultant to develop a multi-faceted Communications and Visibility Strategy. The strategy will provide a broad framework that will guide communications and visibility in AFROHUN and will identify the issues that need to be addressed to build awareness, improve knowledge, build mutual understanding with key stakeholders and generate support for the network’s initiatives. The strategy will provide guidance on how to capture, package and share the network’s story, document and share lessons learned and best practices as well as the impact of building a one health workforce, to the management of disease outbreaks and health emergences. The strategy will also play a critical role in driving the network’s business plan.
AFROHUN therefore, invites proposals from eligible, qualified and experienced individuals and firms for provision of consultancy services to develop an institutional Communications and Visibility Strategy.
Terms of Reference for the Development of the AFROHUN Communications and Visibility Strategy
The Terms of Reference for the development of the Communications and Visibility Strategy shall include but not limited to;
- Communication review, including an analysis of the current perception and positioning of the network and its initiatives among key constituencies and stakeholders. Review of communications and visibility documents as necessary.
- Analysis and mapping of stakeholders and target audiences, to inform prioritization processes.
- Undertake primary and secondary research to assess the network’s external and internal communications strategies/activities and determine gaps.
- Facilitate processes to ensure stakeholder participation in the strategy development.
- Developing a 5-year Communications and Visibility Strategy, including detailed objectives and priorities, and implementation plan, based on AFROHUN’s strategic activities and programs.
- Recommend tools for monitoring and evaluation of the Communications and Visibility Strategy.
A complete expression of interest package should be emailed to:
mnattimba[at]afrohun.org and copied to secretariat[at]afrohun.org
Deadline for submission: 1700hrs, 19th March 2021.
DRGT Crosscutting Course: Philosophy of Method
The Directorate of Research and Graduate Training (DRGT), Makerere University in collaboration with the School of Liberal and Performing Arts, Department of Philosophy and Development Studies, announces the PhD Cross-cutting Training Course: Philosophy of Method.
- Course Duration: 15th to 26th March, 2021
- Who should apply: PhD Students only
- Latest Date of application: 5th March, 2021
This course unit is among the required crosscutting courses for PhD students to expand their academic and practical comprehension of the concepts of science, knowledge and research; acquaint the students with the philosophical principles behind the quantitative and qualitative methods of research; enhance the students’ awareness about ethical conflicts in relation to research; and provide a forum for each student to discuss, and improve their own research proposals.
Please forward written applications with evidence of admission to the PhD Program and indicate;Gender, Department, School, College, telephone and e-mail contact address electronically to: conference[at]rgt.mak.ac.ug.
Selected applicants will be informed via e-mail/Telephone by Wednesday, 10th March 2021.
Please see Downloads for Course details
General1 week ago
Opening Semester I for 2020/2021 Academic Year
Computing & IS2 weeks ago
One-Stop Point for All Timetables Established Thanks to Mak-RIF
Computing & IS4 days ago
DeepMind supports the establishment of Master’s scholarships to study AI at Makerere University
General2 days ago
Communication to Students regarding fees payment for Sem I 2020/21