728 x 90

COVID19 Updates from Makerere University Coronavirus Resource Centre

You are here

Primary tabs

Energy audit at Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Mulago Facility

The Gardens at the College of Health Sciences (CHS), Mulago Campus, Makerere University, Kampala Uganda

This project was carried out at the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Mulago Facility located at Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Mulago Hospital complex in relation to energy audit of the Institute. The project was motivated by management's concern about the high energy cost which consumes about 23% of the operations annual utilities budget thereby affecting other vital operational activities which have to share the remaining 77%. It was found out that the high energy cost was a result of inaccurate billing system by the service provider, poor energy management practices by staff including, operating utilities during non-working hours and running empty fridges hence wastage of energy.

Read more

Source: School of Business, College of Business and Management Sciences (CoBAMS)

Liked it? Share it..