The Zayed Future Energy Prize, launched in 2008 and managed by Masdar,represents the vision of the Late Founding Father and President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan, who championed environmental stewardship as an integral part of UAE history and heritage. This annual award celebrates achievements that reflect impact, innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable energy and sustainability.
For 2013, the Zayed Future Energy Prize has evolved its categories and will now award a total prize fund of US$4 million to include:
• Large Corporations: Recognition award (no monetary value)
• Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SME): $1.5 million
• Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO): $1.5 million
• Lifetime Achievement Award: $500,000
• Global High School Prize: $500,000 divided into $100,000 across five regions (Africa, Asia, Americas, Oceania, and Europe)
Each category is evaluated based on the four core criteria of the prize;
• Leadership • Innovation
• Long-term Vision • Impact
Please see Attachments for more details
Participants are required to submit a business case of how they intend to utilize the prize attached to their project in raising awareness on susbainable living.
The deadline for submissions is July 16, 2012.